Wednesday, June 3, 2009

John Deere Pie

I've been meaning for awhile now to try making a customized chicken pot pie. Judd doesn't like cooked carrots so the typical recipe using mixed veggies won't work for us. I started thinking about it (scary I know!) and decided why not just make it with veggies we will eat. So tonight I gave it a shot. I used 2 big cans of chicken and a can each of cream of chicken, cheddar cheese soup, corn, peas, and green beans. The bottom crust was a pre-made refrigerated pie crust and the top was a Bisquick crust-1 cup mix, 1/2 cup milk, and one egg. It made 2 pie plates worth so we ate on one tonight and the other will be frozen to eat later. Can't beat that! Before I put them in the oven it struck me how very yellow and green they were...hence the name John Deere Pie.

Judd's going to give me hell for "naming" it. Last night I made pizza and forgot to put the cheese on. I was putting it into the oven when he pointed it out to me. So I decided we'd call it Topsy Turvy Pizza. Apparently I've decided I have to name things. :)

1 comment: