Monday, February 15, 2010

Love Bug!

I'd been eyeballing the Sienna Dress pattern from Lil Blue Boo for awhile but knew I'd want to immediately start making dresses for Harleigh and I had other things I had to get done before the holidays. Then I had this Rockstar Baby order for Ms. Catherine that I needed to get sent off.

Photobucket


FINALLY I got my chance to snag the pattern and was super excited to find out about the Lil Blue Boo / Dharma Trading Design Challenge!


I had rescued a bunch of shirts from my sister Becca that had been Goodwill bound a couple months ago and already knew what my first project would be. There was a black and white reversible tube tube with the most perfect little polka dots all over it and it was destined to become something fabulous! While I can't exactly explain my thought process for anything because it's too confusing I will say my inspiration was a jumble of the looming Valentine's Day, tiny pigtails, and Harleigh's nickname of Love Bug. Using the tube top, an old red onesie, and a plain white tee I came up with a little dress/top that I continually drool over. Instead of long sleeves as the pattern uses I shortened them so that she could wear the dress into the summer. I also made it shorter than the pattern so that she wouldn't get caught up as she constantly motors around by scooting on her booty. I used a freezer paper stencil to paint "love" on the front and then embellished the back with a set of red wings.

Photobucket

Maybe I'm not the most fair judge but I think she made the cutest little valentine ever!

Photobucket

1 comment: