Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lil Blue Boo/Dharma Trading Challenge Take One

First up I'm submitting this throw blanket to the Little Blue Boo/Dharma Trading Challenge. I made for it for my snowman collecting mom. She has so many snowmen items that all come out around Christmas. I felt like she needed something she could leave out year round though and since she also collects quilts I decided a faux mini quilt was in order. In keeping with the decor of my mom's house I went with denim and flannel for that country comfort feel. I found some of the snowman pictures online ages ago and for the months that were missing I created images on my own. I'm sure there is a "correct" way to embroider patterns but I simply print the image onto a regular piece of printer paper, pin it to my fabric, then stitch through the fabric and paper. When I had all my major lines done I carefully tore the paper away. Then I free handed all the small detailing and wording. It took me months but I finally got it all done. Luckily it's an easy project when sitting in front of the tv! Once the embroidery was done I stitched up the pieces, backed with a piece of blue and white plaid fleece, and tacked it with embroidery thread. She loves it!
Photobucket

1 comment: